This trip was planned way in advance. It was the first time we visited the Southwest of Asia, and Thailand was our first choice. Like always, we like to combine city sightseeing, culture and beach, and Thailand is perfect for that.
We had few requirements:
1) Plannification on our own (without travel agency)
2) Take minimal luggage (and buy most things there)
3) Adventure with backpack, and sightseeing most as possible
(note, we are not backpackers and that really not our travel style, but loved to travel this way since we were jumping places often)
With some tips from friends and lots of research, we finally settled everything.
Here was our itinerary:
– Bangkok few days to explore the city
– Flight to Krabi to explore the islands on the Indian Ocean / Andaman Sea
– Few nights around Krabi / Ao Nang / Railay
– Explore the Islands around and heading south through the islands
– Few days at Koh Yao Yai Island (Phang Nga Province – between Krabi and Phuket)
– Stop at Phuket Island for few hours only
– Visit Phi Phi Islands
– Koh Lanta Islands
– Koh Ngai Islands (Krabi / Trang)
– And finish returning two extra days at Bangkok for visit and shopping before returning home
There were places we knew we HAD NO TIME to visit, unless cutting others. Places like Chiang Mai/Chaing Rai, the Golden Triangle (border/intersection of Laos, Myanmar and Thailand) and also the other islands on the EAST side of the Gulf of Thailand such as Koh Samui, Koh Tao, Ko Pha Ngan. Time is limited, even spending 20 days. Those will be left maybe for the next trip.
Trip report continues here on Thailand Post Series with all information about places to see, hotels, recommendations, etc: http://eat-travel-love.net/?post_series=thailand-bangkok-and-islands
Disclaimer – Please note: some of the experiences listed here may have been sponsored, but this review is independent and reflects exclusively my personal experience.